Okay, so I won’t actually tell you to say “cheese,” but there is some science behind the way the word forces our mouths to form a natural smile. Interesting, right?
Here are a few of my go-to tips to help maximize your shoot so you feel totally confident and not at all cheesy!
- Plan 2-3 outfit (or top) changes so your photos won’t look like they’re from the same day.
- Wear clothes you feel confident in and colors that complement your brand. Steer shy of small stripes or checked patterns.
- Swap accessories or change your hair slightly to style the same top in a new way.
- Swipe on another shade of lip gloss for a quick change.
- Have friends that make clothes or jewelry? Wear a piece so you can tag them on social media — pulling double duty in gaining extra exposure online.
- Pack some props. Consider items you use a lot or reference in your content, like your laptop, a fave coffee mug, coordinating notebooks, a colorful tote bag, or even your dog!
- Work with your hands? Make sure your nails are freshly polished or polish-free for close ups that won’t make you cringe (I recently did this myself — lesson learned!).
- Secret for a natural smile: laughter. When in doubt, giggle a little!
Curious about other dos + don’ts? Leave a comment or send me a message. I’m happy to chat details and help if I can!